Scavenger Hunt at the National Zoo! – 20s & 30s Going Out Group
< Click here to go back to RSVP & payment page
*** It’s a great day for a scavenger hunt. See you there! ***
UPDATE #6: If you were unable to secure a spot for this hunt online, there are still 3 spots left, so you may claim a spot by arriving early with exact cash. Also, there are usually 7 no-shows for this event, so you just might be able to join us. Make sure to come early with exact cash.
UPDATE #5: Just a reminder, I will be outside in front of the National Zoo at the Connecticut Avenue entrance (just behind the large concrete “Zoo” sign and the two large lion statues). I’ll be the one with the red flag (1 foot x 1 foot in size) with the word “ACK” on it! Please account for Metro, traffic, and parking delays, and please arrive on time!
UPDATE #4: Weather.com is currently forecasting a 40% chance of light rain (no lightning) in the mid to upper 60s (or from a glass half full perspective, a 60% chance of no rain) for our location’s zip code. Per the “Rain Policy” section of the full event description, we are a go. Please dress appropriately for the weather. See you there!
UPDATE #3: We’ve been able to open some additional spots, get them while you can!
UPDATE #2: The early-bird price has ended and the ticket price is now $20. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #1: There are fewer than 10 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $15 to $20 when the early bird spots are gone or by Sun. Apr. 29th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I’ll be removing those that haven’t paid by Sun. Apr. 22nd. Make payment to lock in the early bird price and your spot (see the “Payment” section of the event posting). If you’ve already made payment, the PayPal email you received is confirmation that we’ve received your payment (no need to message me asking for ticket confirmation). This UPDATE has been emailed to the yes RSVPs. I hope to see you there!
It’s time for the next scavenger hunt!
We’ll meet up outside at the Connecticut Avenue main entrance (just behind the large concrete “Zoo” sign and the two large lion statues) at 2pm. Please be ON TIME! I’ll be the one with a red flag (1 foot x 1 foot in size) with the word “ACK” on it. If you’ve done one of our scavenger hunts before, you’ll know we get a fresh set of clues / questions each and every hunt. We will check in, get the teams together, distribute hunt materials, and review rules and guidelines. The teams disperse and the 2-hour hunt begins starting at 2:30pm. Teams will have until 4:30pm to decipher the clues and solve the riddles. The hunt will take us through numerous exhibits, collections, and artifacts!
At 4:30pm we will collect the results, score each team, and announce the winner. A pair of movie tickets will be awarded to each member of the winning team!
Following the hunt, we will adjourn to a nearby spot for food, drinks, and a recap of the afternoon!
(Searching for answers to clues)
If you haven’t been there before, the National Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in the United States, with 1800 animals of 300 different species. One-fifth of them are endangered or threatened. The best known residents are the giant pandas, and it’s also home to birds, great apes, big cats, Asian elephants, insects, amphibians, reptiles, aquatic animals, small mammals, and many more!
(Post-event food & drinks)
Please note the event ticket price goes towards the contracting company we hire to devise the scavenger hunt package, to include questions, answer key, and rules, as well as prizes for the winning team. Any remainder goes towards our Meetup group fees and expenses.
We’ve got an early bird special for this event of only $15 (the price of an entree at many restaurants)! The first 45 paid sign-ups, or those who pay by Sunday, April 29th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, the ticket price will go to $20. To make payment, please follow the steps in the “Payment” section of the event posting.
I hope to see you there!
METRO & PARKING
The closest Metro is Woodley Park – Adams Morgan (Red Line), about a 9 minute walk. I suggest Metro / cabbing / Uber’ing if you can. I also recommend using wmata.com for travel planning. Don’t forget to account for Metro, traffic, and parking delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage. I recommend using parkopedia.com for garage parking planning.
PayPal account not required. Please follow the steps below (if payment by smartphone doesn’t work, please try your computer). Your RSVP is not guaranteed without payment, and your email receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment (please check your spam folder and email settings). You can also log into your PayPal or credit card account online to verify payment. Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Our events do sell out, so I recommend you secure your spot online early. If you make payment for less than the current ticketed price displayed without prior correspondence, your RSVP will be removed.
- Select “Yes” under “Are you going?” (or select “Change” RSVP to add more guests if you’ve already purchased ticket(s))
- Enter the number of guests coming and click “Finish RSVP”
- Click “Pay Now” (or “Pay Online Now”) at the top of the event posting near the ticket price per person
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you’re paying for. Modify if appropriate, click “Pay Now” or “Check Out” button
- If you don’t have a PayPal account, click “Pay with a Debit or Credit Card”
- If you have a PayPal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via PayPal
Please be on time. If you are late (arrive after the start time of 2pm), you risk the possibility of not being able to join us for some or all of the event. I will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation email as a backup (if you are not on the list, you will be required to show it). When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the PayPal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver’s license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your PayPal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please log into your PayPal account (it will say “Welcome, [your account name]” at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you are RSVP’d under someone else’s payment, please use that name for check-in.
Since this event is paid for in advance, all sales are final unless the event is canceled or rescheduled. If the event is canceled or rescheduled, an UPDATE will be posted at the top of the event posting, and the UPDATE will also be sent as an email to the yes RSVPs. A full refund will be submitted no later than Wednesday of the following week. For rescheduled events, you must let me know within 3 calendar days of the UPDATE email if you are unable to make the new date… no refunds will be given after that time. Thanks for understanding. =)
TICKET RESELL / TRANSFER
Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell / transfer your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. I suggest posting in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale / transfer. Work out any payment between yourselves, and have the seller only send me (the organizer) a message through my Meetup profile (do not comment in the comment box of the event posting) letting me know the first AND last name, and Meetup profile URL (if a member) of the person taking your spot (please also copy them on the message). To obtain their Meetup profile URL, go to their profile from the mobile website or your computer (not the app), and copy & paste the URL from your browser. I host a lot of events and groups, so please let me know the event name and group name the ticket transfer is for. You must let me know by the RSVP close time of 11am on the day of the event.
Should inclement weather (e.g. snow storm, hurricane, etc.) affect our event, we’ll need to reschedule or cancel. If any one of the following is not available for service due to inclement weather, we’ll need to do so: Metrorail is not running to all stops; Uber (X, SUV, etc.) is not running or available at no more than 2x standard rates; venue(s) are not open. I’ll post an UPDATE to the top of the event posting by 11:30am on the day of our event with the details.
If it’s light rain, we’re still on. If there’s lightning, we’ll need to reschedule or cancel. Hopefully, if there is precipitation, it will just be a quick passing “summer” rain. If it looks like there might be possible rain, I’ll post an update by 11:30am the day of the event. If we cancel or reschedule, and you are unable to make the new date, you will get a full refund (please see “Refund Policy” section of the event posting for full details).
If you have any special needs (e.g. wheelchair, dietary for events with food included, etc.), let me know in advance (a week or more before the event) and I will do my best to accommodate (message me through my Meetup profile, do NOT comment on the event posting). If you let me know the day of the event, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to help. Thank you for understanding and I appreciate the courtesy of a heads up!
< Click here to go back to RSVP & payment page