*** It’s a great day to see stand up comedy. See you tonight! ***
UPDATE #3: There are still 7 spots left, so you may claim a spot by arriving early with exact cash. Also, there are usually 6 no-shows for this event, so you just might be able to join us. Make sure to come early with exact cash.
UPDATE #2: The early-bird price has ended and the ticket price is now $15. I look forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #1: There are fewer than 10 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $10 to $15 when the early bird spots are gone or by Sun. Mar. 18th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I’ll be removing those that haven’t paid by Sun. Mar. 11th. Make payment to lock in the early bird price and your spot (see the “Payment” section of the event posting). If you’ve already made payment, the PayPal email you received is confirmation that we’ve received your payment (no need to message me asking for ticket confirmation). This UPDATE has been emailed to the yes RSVPs. I hope to see you there!
Let’s get together to see stand up comedy!
I’ve secured for us a great new lineup of comic talent! We’ll check in and get together at the bar for drinks starting at 6:30pm. After that, we’ll go and enjoy the stand up comic performances, starting at 7pm!
Hosted by Jon Yeager, featuring Franqi French, Michael Wolcott, Eddie Morrison, and headlined by Wendy Wroblewski. These are the hottest rising talent in comedy in DC and around the country. (The comedy company reserves the right to make changes to the lineup if needed.)
- Wendy Wroblewski is a stand-up comedian and math tutor from Gaithersburg, MD. A regular at the DC Improv, she performs comedy all over the DC metro area. She was a guest on the Underground Comedy Festival and the DC stop of the Betches of Comedy tour. She won the 7th edition of the DC Improv’s Comedy Kumite tournament. She has opened for Adam Cayton-Holland, Gary Gulman, Ryan Hamilton, John Heffron, Brent Morin, Mike Recine, Chris Redd, Liza Treyger, and Bengt Washburn. She hosts Comedy Central Radio Live on Sirius XM Channel 95 Monday through Thursday at 11am ET.
- Franqi French. Since hitting the comedy scene in 2013 Franqi French has quickly become one of the fastest rising stand ups in the DMV area. Franqi has a way of perfectly balancing her surprisingly brash wit with a refreshingly unique point of view. Ms. French has performed at some of the top comedy clubs around the country: DC Improv, The Drafthouse Theaters, Magoobys, The Comedy Store, Carolines on Broadway, Stand Up NY, and many others. Some of the well known acts she’s worked with include: Donnell Rawlings, Alycia Cooper, Adam Ferrara, Todd Glass and one of the original Kings Of Comedy; DL Hughley. She’s made several guest appearances on The Roland Martin Show on TV One and you can see her regularly at her monthly show: “Broad Way” at the DC Drafthouse.
- Michael Wolcott. This DMV native may have been born in DC, but was raised in Silver Spring and admitting he’s not actually FROM The District causes great consternation. He owns almost 100 pairs of sneakers, but no dress shoes – clearly he dresses for the job he wants. Be forewarned, Michael is frequently prone to emphatic rants brimful with polysyllables causing audiences to wonder if they’ve stumbled into a meth fueled Ted Talk. He almost died of Malaria at 25 and recently fell 2 stories and broke his back, but is back on stage once more. Clearly, God is trying to take him out, so catch him now before he manifests the movie Final Destination into reality.
- Eddie Morrison is an energetic performer who waxes poetic and funny about everyday dilemmas and situations. A frequent performer at DC Improv and Arlington / DC Drafthouse, Eddie also hosts several Cool Cow Comedy shows in Virginia. Eddie is born and raised in the DMV
- Jon Yeager is a comedian originally from Baltimore, “but please, don’t hold that against me.” Yeager’s blend of comedy includes satire, whip-smart topical humor, rapid fire one-liners, self-deprecation, wordplay, and, of course, an occasional interpretive dance. He has opened or featured for Dave Coulier, Kevin Lee, Seaton Smith, Jason Weems, Adam Dodd, Justin Schlegel, and Andy Kline, just to name a few. He was featured in an article in Baltimore Magazine and was also nominated as Best Comedian in DC in the Washington City Paper’s “Best Of DC” issue. Yeager also hosts and books several showcases with LYGODC, Callback Comedy, J&J Productions, and Half-Fast Comedy. Jon Yeager’s twitter musings can be found at @toosoon_huh.
We’ve got an early bird special for this event of $10 (the price of a cocktail at most lounges / clubs)! The first 50 paid sign-ups, or those who pay by Sun. Mar. 18th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, the ticket price will go to $15. We have a LIMITED number of spots so make sure to RSVP early AND make payment to secure your spot and get the early bird price! To make payment, please follow the steps in the “Payment” section of the event posting.
Come join us, tell a friend, and let’s enjoy a night of laughter!
NOTE: Comedy shows sometimes contain naughty language and potentially offensive ideas.
METRO & PARKING
The closest Metro is Gallery Place – Chinatown (Red, Yellow, Green lines), about a 2 minute walk, and Metro Center (Red, Orange, Blue, Silver lines), about a 3 minute walk. I suggest Metro / cabbing / Uber’ing if you can. I also recommend using wmata.com for travel planning. Don’t forget to account for Metro, traffic, and parking delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage. I recommend using parkopedia.com for garage parking planning.
PayPal account not required. Please follow the steps below (if payment by smartphone doesn’t work, please try your computer). Your RSVP is not guaranteed without payment, and your email receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment (please check your spam folder and email settings). You can also log into your PayPal or credit card account online to verify payment. Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Our events do sell out, so I recommend you secure your spot online early. If you make payment for less than the current ticketed price displayed without prior correspondence, your RSVP will be removed.
- Select “Yes” under “Are you going?” (or select “Change” RSVP to add more guests if you’ve already purchased ticket(s))
- Enter the number of guests coming and click “Finish RSVP”
- Click “Pay Now” (or “Pay Online Now”) at the top of the event posting near the ticket price per person
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you’re paying for. Modify if appropriate, click “Pay Now” or “Check Out” button
- If you don’t have a PayPal account, click “Pay with a Debit or Credit Card”
- If you have a PayPal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via PayPal
I will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation email as a backup (if you are not on the list, you will be required to show it). When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the PayPal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver’s license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your PayPal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please log into your PayPal account (it will say “Welcome, [your account name]” at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you are RSVP’d under someone else’s payment, please use that name for check-in.
Since this event is paid for in advance, all sales are final unless the event is canceled or rescheduled. If the event is canceled or rescheduled, an UPDATE will be posted at the top of the event posting, and the UPDATE will also be sent as an email to the yes RSVPs. A full refund will be submitted no later than Wednesday of the following week. For rescheduled events, you must let me know within 3 calendar days of the UPDATE email if you are unable to make the new date… no refunds will be given after that time. Thanks for understanding. =)
TICKET RESELL / TRANSFER
Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell / transfer your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. I suggest posting in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale / transfer. Work out any payment between yourselves, and have the seller only send me (the organizer) a message through my Meetup profile (do not comment in the comment box of the event posting) letting me know the first AND last name, and Meetup profile URL (if a member) of the person taking your spot (please also copy them on the message). To obtain their Meetup profile URL, go to their profile from the mobile website or your computer (not the app), and copy & paste the URL from your browser. I host a lot of events and groups, so please let me know the event name and group name the ticket transfer is for. You must let me know by the RSVP close time of 3:30pm on the day of the event.
Should inclement weather (e.g. snow storm, hurricane, etc.) affect our event, we’ll need to reschedule or cancel. If any one of the following is not available for service due to inclement weather, we’ll need to do so: Metrorail is not running to all stops; Uber (X, SUV, etc.) is not running or available at no more than 2x standard rates; venue(s) are not open. I’ll post an UPDATE to the top of the event posting by 4:00pm on the day of our event with the details.
If you have any special needs (e.g. wheelchair, dietary for events with food included, etc.), let me know in advance (a week or more before the event) and I will do my best to accommodate (message me through my Meetup profile, do NOT comment on the event posting). If you let me know the day of the event, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to help. Thank you for understanding and I appreciate the courtesy of a heads up!